Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dark Room Rocks!

This is my first blog post and I must start by introducing myself. My name is Daniel Ryan Jones and I am a software developer located in New Jersey. I have been working in Microsoft technology for the past 3+ years and this is where I will write on some of my findings as I find new ideas, tips and tricks.

For my first post, I must give Kudos to Andrew Van Slaars for finding this post on LifeHacker. Dark Room is a text editor for people with A.D.D. I am not going to lie Andrew is a friend of mine and I am supporting him, but with good reason. This application is one of the best text editing tools I've had the chance to work with. I don't know about you, but I am VERY easily distracted. A childhood spent in front of the television has diminished my attention span so this type of application helps to limit my distractions. Dark Room runs in front of all other applications on your desktop, hiding any distractions that may come up. This is great for people like me! Don't worry you can toggle between full-screen and window mode and you can even set the opacity to show though to your desktop if you feel restricted by this type of behavior. So if you are suffering from sensory overload while trying to be creative give this application a shot!

No comments: